Division reflection

Division reflection

1.
Tell why you think it is important to be able to divide numbers. For what kind of problems do you need to use division?
I think it's important to know division because many questions involve division. To know multiplication properly you have to understand division. Fractions, decimals and percentages all involve division. This is important to understand because its a important part of math and a lot more. What happens if you have 5 friends over and 25 cookies, if you want each friend to get the same amount of cookies you have to know how to divide.

2.
Tell what part of this unit was the most difficult for you and why. Describe what you did to overcome any difficulties you had.
The most difficult part of this unit for me was when we learned long division. It was really fun once you could use it but while learning it's a bit difficult. I found this hardest to learn because we had to take the next number down and I got confused with partial quotients. I learned that you subtract and add but the long division just use's subtraction. There were many ways for me to fix it but I used the most common one. practice more and stay focused.

No comments:

Post a Comment